Wednesday 5 October, 12.30pm to 3pm
Madoch Centre, St Madoes, Glencarse, Perth, PH2 7FF
Do you want to reduce your community building’s energy costs and carbon emissions? If so, the Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES) is here to help.
Funding and support is available to communities to decarbonise community buildings by installing renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar panels.
At this event you’ll:
- learn about how CARES can help your community
- find out about the funding available to install renewable technologies
- hear how St Madoes and Kinfauns Parish Church installed solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage at the Madoch Centre with the support of CARES
- see the technologies up close and hear more about how they work
- have time to network with other communities attending.
Local Energy Scotland, which manages CARES for the Scottish Government, will have development officers on hand to answer any questions you may have.
This event has kindly been sponsored by Locogen, community renewable energy specialists.
How to book
This event is free but you must book in advance. Lunch will be provided.
Online booking is now closed. If you’ve not already registered but would like to attend, please email us or call us on 0808 808 2288.
How to get to the Madoch Centre
By bus and/or train
Travel to Perth or Dundee by bus or train.
The Stagecoach number 16 bus runs between Perth (Mill Street) and Dundee (bus station) and stops outside the Madoch Centre.
The Ember electric bus also runs to St Madoes.
Plan your journey by visiting the Traveline website.
Cycle route 77 runs by The Madoch Centre. Sustrans’ website has more information on cycle routes in the area.
Travel on the A90 and take the exit for Glencarse/St Madoes/Inchyra. Car parking is available at the centre.