We outline the benefits of typical solutions to problems facing community buildings.
Improving energy efficiency with an SME loan and grant from CARES
- Allows immediate action, using a loan and/or grant that does not charge interest.
- Benefits begin immediately following installation.
- Insulation measures typically last for the life of the building.
- Equipment replacement typically lasts for 15 to 20 years.
- There can be a high level of confidence in the predicted savings.
Replacing the heating system
- Most systems can be supported through a loan that does not charge interest.
- New control systems and distribution system (if applicable) should be considered as part of a heating system and should also be improved.
- Distribution system upgrades typically last for the life of the building.
- Integrate, where possible, with onsite storage and renewable electricity generation to maximise benefits
Installing renewable energy generation
- Supports carbon reduction.
- Can provide energy bill savings.
- Benefits begin immediately following installation and commissioning.
- Can support anticipated electrical, heat and transport needs.
- When coupled with energy storage, it can increase on-site availability.
Did you know? The Scottish Government is aiming for all non-domestic buildings to meet zero emission heating requirements by 2045 and publicly-owned buildings to meet zero emission heating requirements by 2038.