There is a lot you will need to do before you can install solar panels on a community building and we’ve listed them below. Apply to CARES for financial support during your preparation, if required.
- Assess your current and future energy requirements.
- Consider the energy efficiency of the building(s) in question, supported by:
- If leased, confirm landlord authorisation and agree provisional terms of lease.
- Discuss planning requirements with your Local Planning Department.
- Confirm with Building Control if an installation will require a building warrant.
- Discuss your grid connection with your local Distribution Network Operator.
- Discuss the impact and benefits of implementing energy efficiency measures.
- Estimate the project scale, costs and programme.