The non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) closed to new applicants on 31 March 2021. The domestic RHI closed to new applicants on 31 March 2022.
The information in this resource is intended for reference only.
To be eligible for the RHI:
- the equipment must be new
- for schemes of less than or equal to 45 kilowatts thermal energy (kWth), the
equipment and installer must have Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) or equivalent certification (if available for your type of installation)
- liquid or steam must be used to deliver the heat
- the equipment must be used to heat a space or water, or for carrying out a process where the heat is used in a building, the exception being certain outdoor drying applications
- a single domestic household cannot be heated (though a combination of homes
sharing a heating installation might be eligible (eg a block of flats)
- you cannot use a public grant to buy or install the equipment.