Local Energy Scotland is a consortium of five regional organisations led by the Energy Saving Trust:
The Energy Agency: The Agency is a registered charity with an established trading company to operate interest-free loans and grant schemes.
Changeworks: Changeworks is an environmental charity and social enterprise, working in collaboration with public and third sector organisations, schools, communities and businesses.
Scarf: Scarf is a social enterprise with its head office in Aberdeen, and activities across the North East of Scotland.
Energy Saving Trust:The Energy Saving Trust is a social enterprise with charitable status. We have incorporated a charitable parent company, under which is a non-profit company continuing to deliver substantial government-funded programmes, and a wholly owned trading subsidiary
- Local Energy Scotland is independent and provides free-at-point-of-use impartial advice.
Accessing the site
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services provided on the website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We do not guarantee that access to and use of our websites will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Intellectual property rights
The Energy Saving Trust is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
The information and images contained on our websites are our property and are protected by copyright laws. All software used on this website is the property of the Energy Saving Trust, or our software suppliers and is protected by copyright laws.
You may print off and download extracts of any pages from the website for your own personal reference and to draw the attention of others within your organisation to material on the website free of charge without requiring specific permission provided that you comply with these conditions:
- you must ensure that all material is reproduced accurately and without modification;
- you must not use materials in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context;
- you may not use materials for commercial purposes without our prior written permission; and
- if you are issuing material to others, the Energy Saving Trust’s status at the author of the materials must be acknowledged and the website address must be included with the material.
If you would like to reproduce our content in any other way, please contact us on 0808 808 2288.
Reliance on information
Information provided through the website is provided free of charge and for general information purposes only. The Energy Saving Trust endeavours to keep information up to date and correct but does not give any warranties or representations of any kind that the information on the website is complete, accurate, reliable or suitable for your use. Any reliance you place on information on the website is strictly at your own risk.
Disclaimer of liability
To the extent permitted by law, The Energy Saving Trust expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any use in connection with the website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of the website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management time and for any other loss of damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Mention of third party products, services, companies and websites on the website is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation.
Should you register and subsequently sign in to any part of the website, please ensure you keep your personal information safe. If you are concerned that a security breach has taken place, please contact us.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussion postings on our social media properties, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on Local Energy Scotland’s websites.
The website contains a wide range of links to third-party websites. The Energy Saving Trust is not responsible for information contained on websites maintained by other organisations nor for action taken as a result of information contained on websites maintained by other organisations.
Reporting broken links
To report a broken link on this website, please email us details of the web page containing the broken link and, if possible, the web address you were unable to access.
Linking to us
If your content is related to our services or you wish to highlight our information or campaigns, please feel free to link to our website.
Asking us to link to your site
If you would like to ask us to link to your website, please email us with details of what your site offers and we will assess your request.
Local Energy Scotland prefers to share links with organisations and companies whose aims and activities are similar to our own. If we accept your request, your link will appear in the category most relevant to your site content.
These terms and conditions and all transactions conducted through the site shall be governed by the law of Scotland, and all users agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us.