Support and funding is available now from the Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES).
- Enablement grants – to fund non-capital aspects of a project. Funding can help with start-up costs of feasibility studies, community consultations and other preparatory costs.
- Development support and funding – we provide technical advice to assist project development through the use of our framework of technical consultants. We also provide funding to complete other related activities such as community engagement activity and other project development costs for new local energy projects.
- Capital funding – for the capital costs of local energy projects.
- Let’s Do Net Zero Community Buildings – funding is available to help community organisations reduce their building energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Let’s Do Net Zero: Off Electricity Grid Communities Fund – funding is available to decarbonise and future-proof the existing local independent electrical grids of those communities that are not connected to the national electricity grid.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your local development officer.