This page outlines the funding support that is available to get your local energy project up and running, including CARES funding available now.
The Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES) offers a range of financial support to local energy projects.
How we can help
CARES is more than funding. We can help you develop your local energy project by offering:
- free, expert and impartial advice from our local development officers
- free online toolkits and project guides to help you identify what might work for you
- mobilisation support for capital projects – design review, costs and procurement support
- ongoing support with project development and delivery
- mentoring and community online discussion in our Facebook group.
Find out more
CARES funding available now
The Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES) offers a range of financial support to local energy projects.CARES funding available now
CARES enablement grant
Get funding to help towards the costs of feasibility studies, community consultation and other preparatory costs. Apply at any time.CARES enablement grant
CARES development funding
Development funding and technical support is available to community organisations through CARES.CARES development support and funding
CARES capital funding
CARES loan and/or grant capital funding is available to communities developing renewable energy, heat decarbonisation and local energy system projects.CARES capital funding
Let’s Do Net Zero Community Buildings Fund
This fund aims to help communities reduce their building energy costs and carbon emissions.Let’s Do Net Zero Community Buildings Fund