There are several steps to implementing your project; we have listed these below.
- Confirm funding, the mechanism for claiming and any funding conditions.
- Agree the scope of works for your consultant during construction.
- Confirm all consents are in place, and conditions discharged.
- You may need to order your turbine in advance to secure your preference.
- Confirm grid connection dates and payment schedule.
- Formally instruct your preferred installer to begin work.
- Promptly attend to queries, variations, unforeseen challenges and changes.
- At the appropriate time, close to or at completion, you should:
- confirm your insurance cover to begin at installation completion
- contract your operation and maintenance requirements
- be aware that this is likely to be at higher cost than for new turbines
- contractors may need to be pre-selected to maintain any warranty.
- Secure payment for any generation exported to the grid (your PPA).
Did you know? Community Shares Scotland provides advice and support in raising community funding.
The Contracts for Difference (CfD) scheme is the UK Government’s main mechanism for supporting low-carbon electricity generation.